Shahi Paneer is a famous dish of North India and it is served almost in every function or party. Shahi which means ‘Royal’ and Paneer when translated is ‘ Cottage Cheese’ gives Shahi Paneer a royal feel to it. However, Shahi Paneer is a popular dish liked by many and is available in almost all the hotels, restaurants and roadside eateries. ‘Shahi Paneer’ is undoubtedly one of the most popular dishes originating from India.
* Shahi Paneer 250 gm:Paneer (cottage cheese)
* 1/4 cup:Beaten curd
* 11/2 cup:Milk
* 1 1/2 cup:omatoes (chopped fine)
* 1/2 cup:oOnion (chopped into strips)
* 1/2″ piece:Ginger chopped fine
* 2-3:Green chillies chopped fine
* 2-3:Cardamoms (crushed)
* 1/2 tsp:Garam masala
* 1/2 tsp:Red chilli powder
* span itemprop=”amount”>2 tsp:Tomato sauce
* 3 tsp:Ghee or butter
* Salt to taste
* For Garnish
o 2 tsp:Grated paneer
o span itemprop=”amount”>1 tsp:Chopped coriander
1. Chop paneer into 2″ fingers.
2. Heat half the ghee. Add onion, ginger, green chilli and cardamom. Fry for 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for 7-8 minutes, covered. Add curd and cook for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water and cool.
3. Blend in a mixer till smooth.
4. Heat remaining ghee, add gravy and other ingredients except milk and paneer. Boil to get a very thick gravy.
5. Just before serving, heat gravy, add milk and paneer fingers and boil for 3-4 minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander and grated paneer.