* For Gattey:
* 1 cup gram flour (besan)
* 1 teaspoon ajawin
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda – optional
* Salt to taste
* 2 tablespoon oil/ghee lukewarm
* water (luke warm)
* For Curry:
* 2 tablespoon oil
* 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
* 1/4 teaspoon asofoetida (hing)
* 2 tablespoon curd
* 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
* 1 teaspoon dhaniya powder
* 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
* 1 teaspoon gram flour (besan)
* 1 cup water
* dry methi leaves for garnishing
Email a friend
Share on Orkut
Add to Facebook
Save this recipe
Prep:15 mins | Cook:10 mins
For Gattey: Mix all the dry ingredients, add oil/ghee and mix it well. Knead it into stiff dough. Divide into 6-7 equal parts and roll it in ¼ inches diameter cylinders.
Boil water in a pan, put the gatte in it. Let it boil for 5 min. Strain it and cut gatte into ½ inch long pieces.
For Curry: Add chilli powder, dhaniya powder, turmeric powder, gram flour to curd. Make a smooth paste. .
Heat oil in a pan. Add hing and jeera to it. When jeera crackles, add the curd paste to it.
Cook for 2 minutes then add water and stir it continuously. Simmer for 5 minutes and then add gatte. Garnish it with methi leaves, serve hot