2 lbs ricotta cheese
1/2 cup sugar
32 oz half & half milk
A pinch of saffron
1/4 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
1/2 cup blanched almonds
2 tbsp crushed green pistachios
Preparation of ras malai:
* Mix the cheese with sugar and little cardamom powder and spread out on a baking tray.
* Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until it sets. It should not get brown.
* Remove from oven, cool at room temperature and cut into 2″ squares.
* Place them in a dessert bowl.
* Mix the other ingredients, except the pistachios well in a separate dish and pour over the squares.
* Decorate the rasmalai with pistachios, chill for 2-3 hours and then serve.