* 300 gms fresh paneer (mashed into a crumbly texture) – see below for recipe
* 1 medium onion chopped fine
* 1 small tomato chopped fine
* 1 green chilli chopped fine
* 1/4 tsp turmeric
* 1/4 tsp coriander powder
* 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
* 2 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
* Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
* Salt to taste
* Heat the oil in a pan on a medium flame, till hot. Add the cumin seeds and fry till spluttering stops.
* Add the onions and fry till soft. Now add the green chillies and tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes are pulpy.
* Add all the powdered spices and mix well. Fry for 2 minutes.
* Add the paneer. Mix well and cook for 2 more minutes. If the paneer gives off water at this stage, cook till the water has dried up. Turn off fire.
* Season with salt, if desired. Garnish with the chopped fresh coriander and serve hot with Chapatis or Parathas. Paneer Bhurjee also makes a great topping for fresh, hot toast!