* Rava (Sooji-semolina) – 1 cup
* maida (plain flour – 1/2 cup
* baking powder – 1/2 tsp or a pinch of baking soda.
* oil to deep fry,
* salt 1/4 tsp.
Method to make crisp puris:
1. Mix sooji, maida, baking powder or baking soda, salt and enough water to knead a dough.
2. Cover with wet cloth and leave aside for about 30 minutes.
3. Make small sized balls. The puris are to be eaten whole. So keep that in mind while deciding poori size.
4. Roll into thin rounds using a little dry flour if necessary.
5. Heat oil in a pan and place each round in the hot oil.
6. Press it with a slotted spoon so that it puffs up.
7. Fry each puri till it is crisp. Do not let it become dark brown. It should be just very light brown.
8. Drain on a paper towel for some time.
Cool completely. Store in an airtight container when cool.These puris will keep for 3-4 weeks or even longer.