* whole wheat flour – 2 cups.
* Fresh Spinach leaves – 1 cup
* salt – 1/4 tsp
* water to form dough
* oil for deep frying.
1. Cook spinach leaves in a little water. Let cool a little and then puree to a fine paste
2. Mix flour, salt, two tsp oil, spinach puree well.
3. Add water only if needed and form a tight dough ball.
4. Keep aside for 10 minutes. Knead well.
5. Divide the dough into lime sized balls.
6. Roll each ball into a round of about 3 inches.
7. Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Let the round in the hot oil carefully. It will puff up like a ball.
8. Turn to the other side and let cook for a 4-5 seconds. Take care not to overcook.
9. Remove from oil and drain well.
Serve hot with curry or chutney or pickle or ketchup.
Palak puri is good to eat just by itself too. It is a good item to take for lunch for picnics as well as bring your own food parties. At parties it adds color to your table.
Read more: http://www.vegetarian-cooking-recipes-tips.com/palak-poori.html#ixzz1Ts0aCKdV