500 gm potato
1 tsp salt
1/4th tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp sesame seeds
2-3 curry leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/4th tsp asafetida
2 cups all purpose flour (maida)
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup yogurt
vegetable oil for deep fry
How to make alu puri :
* For the aloo
* Peel potatoes and cut lengthwise.
* Deep fry potatoes.
* Heat oil in a pan.
* Add cumin seeds,asafetida,curry leaves,sesame seeds,cashewnuts to the oil and mix.
* Then add potatoes to it and keep aside.
* Add red chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,salt and currants and mix.
* It’s ready to serve.
* For the puri
* Place the flour in mixing bowl with the salt.
* Make a well in the middle of the flour and gradually stir in yogurt, mix well to form a supple dough.
* Add water if needed.
* Knead the dough for 7-10 minutes until it is soft.
* Leave it for 20 minutes to get more soft.
* Make balls out of this dough.
* Roll out each piece on the well floured surface into a big circle (usually it will be bigger than a normal poori)
* Heat oil in a Kadhai or wok (frying pan).
* Deep-fry the pooris in hot oil for a minute, turn the side and fry till it is puffed and golden in colour.
* Repeat this process until all the pooris are made.