There are many ways in which you can help and prepare your child to cope with exam stress. These handy hints should be considered before any test your child might be sitting and it is not too late to sit down with your child and make sure their revision is on target.
* Make a realistic revision timetable and stick to it.
* Make summary notes of your books, notes and essays to make them more user-friendly.
* Think carefully about what revision routine best suits you. If you are a morning person do most of your studying before lunch, not late at night when you can’t concentrate or you feel too sleepy. Try answering questions from past exam papers or explaining tricky answers to someone else to make sure you have made sense of it.
* If you really cannot concentrate it may be because you are tired or hungry or just bored. Take a short break and come back to it 10 minutes later.
* Try and study in blocks of 20 to 30 minutes and then give yourself a ten minute break.
* Always ask for help if there are things you don’t understand, and especially if you’re feeling stressed out.
* If stress really gets on top of you, talk to your parents or your teachers.
* Finally, never forget that there is life after revision and exams.